You can find the solutions to these questions in Appendix A, "Answers to Review Questions."
Which five settings are required to configure a device pool? (Choose five.)
- Media Resource Group List
- Cisco CallManager group
- date/time group
- softkey template
- SRST reference
- phone template
- phone load
- device defaults
Which of the following combinations is a valid phone button template configuration for a Cisco IP Phone 7960?
- 0 lines, 6 speed dials
- 2 lines, 4 speed dials
- 6 lines, 1 speed dial
- 4 lines, 4 speed dials
Which navigation path would you use to configure Cisco CallManager to automatically register an IP Phone?
- System > Server
- System > Cisco CallManager
- Service > Service Parameters
- Device > Phone
- System > Device Pool
How does Cisco CallManager tie configuration information to the IP Phones in the Microsoft SQL database?
- IP address
- unique GUID
- MAC address
- device pool ID
Which of the following device pool characteristics allows you to configure the codec the Cisco IP Phone will use when communicating with other devices?
- Softkey Template
- Compression Group
By default, the IP Phones will receive a list of Cisco CallManager hostnames they can use to register from the TFTP server. How can you modify this so the IP Phone receives a list of Cisco CallManager IP addresses from the TFTP server?
- You must manually edit the IP Phone configuration files on the TFTP server, replacing hostnames with IP addresses.
- You must access the Cisco CallManager server configuration from System > Server and change the hostnames to IP addresses. The Cisco CallManager will automatically update the TFTP server.
- The IP Phones must use hostname resolution to communicate with the Cisco CallManager. Ensure DNS redundancy is in place.
- In the Cisco CallManager, access the Service > Service Parameters window and change the preferred resolution method to IP addresses rather than hostnames.
Which of the following device pool elements allows you to configure a redundant group of Cisco CallManager servers your IP Phone can use for registration?
- Cisco CallManager Servers
- CallManager List
- CallManager Gaggle
- CallManager Group
The Cisco CallManager has one date/time group by default. What is this date/time group?
- Pacific Time
You want to remove the Hold button from a user's IP Phone. Which device pool configuration item would you use to accomplish this?
- IP Phone Button Template
- Softkey Template
- Feature Restrictions
- Feature Template
What three locations can you use to find the MAC address of a Cisco IP Phone?
- You can find the MAC address in the UPC form, which is imprinted on the shipping box for the IP Phone.
- You can find the MAC address in the text and UPC form on the back of the IP Phone, on a sticker near the bottom.
- You can find the MAC address by pressing the Settings button on the face of the phone, using the arrow keys to navigate, and choosing Network Configuration.
- You can find the MAC address by telnetting to the IP address of the Cisco IP Phone and issuing the show interface command.