Cisco IPC Express is based on the router architecture. Many aspects of the system require certain router and LAN switch components to be configured and operational:
- IP interfaces such as Ethernet, serial WAN, or internetworking interfaces
- IP addressing and routing
- Router login and password accounts and security measures (such as authentication, authorization, and accounting [AAA]/Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service [RADIUS])
- NTP for clock coordination
- Network Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) access to install and reload the router
- Voice and data virtual LANs (VLANs) and inline power (if supported and used)
- Security features such as network address translation (Network Address Translation [NAT]) and firewall
In addition to these items, you must configure the basic aspects of Cisco IPC Express:
- Turn on Cisco CME with the telephony-service command.
- If Cisco UE is present, configure the service engine interface.
- Configure HTTP access for the GUI.
- Install the Cisco CME GUI files into the router Flash.
Configuring IP Phones and Extensions