This chapter covers the following topics:
- Cisco IP Communications (IPC) Express system graphical user interface (GUI) overview
- Configuring the router
- Configuring IP phones and extensions
- Configuring Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) interfaces
- Configuring extensions and the dial plan
- Configuring Cisco CallManager Express (CME) call processing features
- Configuring the Cisco Unity Express (UE) automated attendant (AA)
- Configuring Cisco UE voice mail
- Configuring the Cisco UE Administration via Telephony (AVT)
- Configuring Cisco UE Backup and Restore
- Configuring Cisco CME interconnection with other sites
- Security best practices for Cisco CME
- Security best practices for Cisco UE
- Configuring and monitoring via network management systems using XML Layer (AXL)/Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
- Managing Cisco IPC Express systems by managed services and enterprises
- Cisco voice network management solutions
- Managing Cisco IPC Express with Cisco partner applications
Chapter 13, "Cisco IPC Express General Administration and Initial System Setup," described general Cisco IP Communications (IPC) Express administration. It introduced the command-line interface (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI) interfaces and the types of logins and access privileges you can use with the system.
This chapter discusses configuring and monitoring the system in greater detail, as well as how to configure your system for general security aspects.
Cisco UE is an optional part of your system. If you have not installed this component, you can skip the sections in this chapter particular to Cisco UE.
Cisco IPC Express System GUI Overview