Reports Do Not Save to Crystal Enterprise from Crystal Reports
When using the Push method, reports aren't saved to Crystal Enterprise. The user get an error message or nothing happens.
There are certain criteria that must be configured correctly for this method to work:
- Check to ensure that you can access the Crystal Enterprise server. Try logging into the Crystal Management Console of the Web Desktop application.
- Make sure the Windows domain that the user is logged into is the same as the one that the Crystal Enterprise Server belongs to or the user has cross-domain access.
- This is a Windows-only method. It will not work with Enterprise Systems hosted on Unix systems.
- The user needs to have sufficient rights to be able to publish. If this is the case, the system will notify the user accordingly.
Thumbnail Isn't Working
The user sets her Web Desktop to display as the thumbnail view; however, the reports do not display a thumbnail, rather a generic blue and white logo.
If Crystal Enterprise cannot find an associated thumbnail, the system will display this logo. In the Crystal Management Console locate the incorrect report by clicking the Objects icon. The Properties tab should display a thumbnail of the report; however, if this is not the case, try the following:
- Check Show Report Thumbnail on the properties page of the report in the Crystal Management Console.
- When saving the report, the data needs to be saved with the report. Select the Save Data with Report option from the File menu in Crystal Reports.
- Ensure that the Save Preview Picture option is checked. This is located under Summary Info from the File menu in Crystal Reports.
Displaying Object Information
In the Web Desktop, an object's folder, title, and description can be displayed by hovering the mouse over the object, but all three pieces of information are not displaying.
Check the following:
- Ensure that these fields are populated in the object properties under the Crystal Management Console.
- Alternatively, the description field can be populated in Crystal Reports by completing the comments field found under Summary Info from the File menu in Crystal Reports.