1. Deborah Tannen, How to Give Orders Like a Man, New York Times Magazine (August 28, 1994): 201 “204.
2. Brazilian Loses More than Hearing, BBC News, World Edition (August 20, 2003). Available at: http://news.bbc. co.uk/2/hi/health/3169049.stm.
3. Richard P. Feynman, What Do You Care What Other People Think? (New York: Bantam Books, 1988), 214 “215.
4. NASA Chief Promises to Break Culture of Silence that Contributed to Columbia Accident, but Some Say That s Not Enough. Associated Press (Posted July 26, 2003).
5 Marcia Dunn, NASA vows to purge bad managers. Associated Press (April 13, 2004).
6. Daniel Yankelovich and John Immerwahr, Putting the Work Ethic to Work: A Public Agenda s Report on Restoring America s Competitive Vitality (New York: Public Agenda Foundation, 1983).
7. Colds Uncommonly Costly, USA Today (February 25, 2003).
8. Robert B. Cialdini, Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion (New York: Quill, 1998), 224.
9. Mary G. Lankford et al., Influence of Role Models and Hospital Design on Hand Hygiene of Health Care Workers, Emerging Infectious Diseases 9/2 (February 2003).
10. Algebra Shows Two Can Live as One, Telegraph News (August 8, 2003). Available at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/.
11. American Psychiatric Association, Psychiatric Effects of Media Violence (available at: http://www.psych.org).