1. Jain, R., Lin, Y.-B., and Mohan, S., Location strategies for personal communications services, Mobile Communications Handbook, 2nd ed., Gibson, J., Ed., CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 1999.
2. Akyildiz, I.F. et al., Mobility management for next generation wireless systems, Proc. IEEE, 87(8), 1347–1385, 1999.
3. Jain, R. et al., A caching strategy to reduce network impacts of PCS, IEEE J. Selected Areas Commun., 12(8), 1434–1444, 1994.
4. Wolfson, O. et al., Cost and imprecision in modeling the position of moving objects, Proc. IEEE Intl. Conf. Data Eng. (ICDE), Feb. 1998.
5. Pitoura, E. and Samaras, G., Locating objects in mobile computing, IEEE Trans. Knowledge Database Eng., 13 (4), 571–692, 2001.
6. Su, W., Lee, S., and Gerla, M., Mobility prediction and routing in ad hoc wireless networks, Intl. J. Net. Mgmt., (11), 3–30, 2001.
7. Jiang, S., He, D., and Rao, J., A prediction-based link availability estimation algorithm for mobile ad hoc networks, Proc. IEEE InfoCom, 2001.
8. Krishna, P., Vaidya, N., and Pradhan, D., Static and adaptive location management in mobile wireless networks, Computer Commun., 19 (4), 321–334, 1996.
9. Shivakumar, N., Jannink, J., and Widom, J., Per-user profile replication in mobile environments: algorithms, analysis, and simulation results, ACM/Baltzer Mobile Networks Appl. (MONET), 2 (2), 129–140, 1997.
10. Liu, T., Bahl, P., and Chlamtac, I., Mobility modeling, location tracking, and trajectory prediction in wireless ATM networks, IEEE J. Selected Areas Commun., 16 (6), 922–936, 1998.
11. Liu, G. and Maguire, G. Jr., A class of mobile motion prediction algorithms for wireless mobile computing and communications, ACM/Baltzer Mobile Networks Appl. (MONET), 1 (2), 113–121, 1996.
12. Chan, J. et al., A framework for mobile wireless networks with an adaptive QoS capability, Proc. Mobile Mult. Comm. (MoMuC), Oct. 1998, pp. 131–137.
13. Erbas, F. et al., A regular path recognition method and prediction of user movements in wireless networks, IEEE Vehic. Tech. Conf. (VTC), Oct. 2001.
14. Levine, D., Akyildiz, I., and Naghshineh, M., A resource estimation and call admission algorithm for wireless multimedia networks using the shadow cluster concept, IEEE/ACM Trans. Networking, 2, 1–15, 1997.
15. Bharghavan, V. and Jayanth, M. Profile-based next-cell prediction in indoor wireless LAN, Proc. IEEE SICON, Singapore, Apr. 1997.
16. Riera, M. and Aspas, J., Variable channel reservation mechanism for wireless networks with mixed types of mobility platforms, Proc. IEEE Vehic. Tech. Conf. (VTC), May 1998, pp. 1259–1263.
17. Oliveira, C., Kim, J., and Suda, T., An adaptive bandwidth reservation scheme for high-speed multimedia wireless networks, IEEE J. Selected Areas Commun., 16 (6), 858–874, 1998.
18. Chua, K.C. and Choo, S.Y., Probabilistic channel reservation scheme for mobile pico/microcellular networks, IEEE Commun. Lett., 2 (7), 195–196, 1998.
19. Yu, F. and Leung, V., Mobility-based predictive call admission control and bandwidth reservation in wireless cellular networks, Computer Networks, 38, 577–589, 2002.
20. Posner, C. and Guerin, R., Traffic policies in cellular radio that minimize blocking of handoff calls, Proc. 11th Int. Teletraffic Cong., Kyoto, Japan, 1985.
21. Ramjee, R., Nagarajan, R., and Towsley, D., On optimal call admission control in cellular networks, Proc. IEEE Infocom, San Francisco, 1996.
22. Naghshineh, M. and Schwartz, M., Distributed call admission control in mobile/wireless networks, IEEE J. Selected Areas Commun., 14, 711–717, 1996.
23. Chao C. and Chen, W. Connection admission control for mobile multiple-class personal communications networks, IEEE J. Selected Areas Commun., 15, 1618–1626, 1997.
24. Luo, X., Thng, I., and Zhuang, W., A dynamic channel pre-reservation scheme for handoffs with GoS guarantee in mobile networks, Proc. IEEE ICC, Vancouver, Canada, 1999.
25. Zhang, T. et al., Local predictive reservation for handoff in multimedia wireless IP networks, IEEE J. Selected Areas Commun., 19, 1931–1941, 2001.
26. Bharghavan, V. et al., The TIMELY adaptive resource management architecture, IEEE Pers. Commun., 20–31, 1998.
27. Akyildiz, I., Ho, J., and Lin, Y., Movement based location update and selective paging for PCS networks, IEEE/ACM Trans. Networking, 4 (4), 629–638, 1996.
28. Bar-Noy, A., Kessler, I., and Sidi, M., Mobile users: to update or not to update?, ACM/Baltzer J. Wireless Networks, 1 (2), 175–195, 1995.
29. Rose, C., Minimizing the average cost of paging and registration: a timer-based method, Wireless Networks, 2 (2), 109–116, 1996.
30. Bhattacharya, A. and Das, S.K., LeZi-update: an information-theoretic framework for personal mobility tracking in PCS networks, ACM/Kluwer Wireless Networks, 8 (2–3), 121–135, 2002.
31. Chan, J., Zhou, S., and Seneviratne, A., A QoS adaptive mobility prediction scheme for wireless networks, Proc. IEEE Globecom, Sydney, Australia, Nov. 1998.
32. Vitter, J. and Krishnan, P., Optimal prefetching via data compression, J. ACM, 43 (5), 771–793, 1996.
33. Ziv, J. and Lempel, A., Compression of individual sequences via variable-rate coding, IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, 24 (5), 530–536, 1978.
34. Krishnan, P. and Vitter, J., Optimal prediction for prefetching in the worst case, SIAM J. Computing, 27 (6), 1617–1636, 1998.
35. Feder, M., Merhav, N., and Gutman, M., Universal prediction of individual sequences, IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, 38, 1258–1270, 1992.
36. Bell, T.C., Cleary, J.G., and Witten, I.H., Text Compression, Prentice Hall, New York, 1990.
37. Madi, M., Graham, P., and Barker, K., Mobile computing: predictive connection management with user input, Technical report, Department of. Computer Science, University of Manitoba, Aug. 1996.
38. Biesterfeld, J., Ennigrou, E., and Jobmann, K., Location prediction in mobile networks with neural networks, Proc. Intl. Workshop Appl. Neural Networks to Telecom., June 1997, pp. 207–214.
39. Das, S.K. and Sen, S.K., Adaptive location prediction strategies based on a hierarchical network model in a cellular mobile environment, Computer J., 42 (6), 473–486, 1999.