At the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe the functions of the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND) protocol.
- List and describe the function and format of ND options.
- List and describe the function and format of ND messages.
- Describe which ND messages use which ND options.
- Describe the details of the address resolution, neighbor unreachability detection, duplicate address detection, router discovery, and redirect processes.
- Describe the host sending algorithm in terms of host data structures and ND messages.