In the first chapter, you were introduced to the MPLS forwarding model in which labels are used to forward packets for a certain destination network. You were also provided details on frame- and cell-mode MPLS operation.
In this chapter, the following topics are covered:
- Basic frame-mode MPLS configuration and verification
- Frame-mode MPLS over RFC 2684 (obsoletes RFC 1483) routed PVC
- Basic cell-mode MPLS configuration and verification
- Configuring cell-mode MPLS with and without virtual circuit merge (VC-merge)
- MPLS over VP tunnels configuration and verification
- Configuring MPLS over ATM using BPX ATM switch and 7200 as label switch controller (LSC)