Answering the following questions will reinforce key information presented in this chapter. If you’re unable to answer a question, review the appropriate lesson and then try the question again. Answers to the questions can be found in the appendix.
- The network topology for your organization includes a Web component that provides information and online registration for your company’s training facilities. Figure 2.19 shows the Web component of your network topology.
Figure 2.19 - Network topology for multitiered Web site
- Many users have been complaining that your site is often unavailable. You plan to modify the network topology to increase availability. What’s the first step you should take?
- When you subnet the network shown in Figure 2.19, you assign the network ID 10.10.1.0 to subnet 1, 10.10.2.0 to subnet 2, and 10.10.3.0 to subnet 3. What additional subnet should you add to this topology?
- You’re planning the configuration of the DHCP service for your network and want to ensure fault tolerance. However, you won’t be implementing clustering. You set up a primary DHCP server and a backup DHCP server. How should you configure any scopes that you create?
- Your company, Contoso, Ltd., plans to set up a Web site so customers can access services on the Internet. Until now, your company has had no Web presence. Your company has registered the name contoso.com with an Internet name authority and wants to use that name for both the internal and external namespaces. What actions must you perform to use the same name?