Starting Page

click for table of contents

Front Matter
Table of Contents
About the Author

Software Development Building Reliable Systems

Marc Hamilton
Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR
First Edition March 22, 1999
ISBN: 0-13-081246-3, 400 pages

start reading

80% of software projects fail -- here’s why the other 20% succeed!

Software Development is the most thorough, realistic guide to "what works" in software development - and how to make it happen in your organization. Leading consultant Marc Hamilton tackles all three key components of successful development: people, processes, and technology.

From streamlining infrastructures to retraining programmers, choosing tools to implementing service-level agreements, Hamilton unifies all of today’s best practices - in management, architecture, and software engineering. There’s never been a more comprehensive blueprint for software success.

  • Discover "The Ten Commandments of Software Development"

  • Build a winning software development team, organize it for success - and retain your best talent

  • Create a software architecture that maps to business goals and serves as a foundation for successful development

  • Define processes that streamline component and Web-based development projects

  • Leverage the advantages of object-oriented techniques throughout the entire lifecycle

  • Make the most of Java, JavaBeans, and Jini technology

  • Learn the best ways to measure software quality and productivity - and improve them

Software Development is ruthlessly realistic and remarkably accessible - for managers and technical professionals alike. Best of all, its techniques can be applied to any project or organization, large or small. Ready to build software that meets all its goals? This book will get you there.

Software Development. Building Reliable Systems
Software Development: Building Reliable Systems
ISBN: 0130812463
EAN: 2147483647
Year: 1998
Pages: 193
Authors: Marc Hamilton © 2008-2017.
If you may any questions please contact us: