The following points summarize the key concepts in this chapter:
- The life of computer hardware can be extended through preventive maintenance. Implementation of a scheduled preventive maintenance program is recommended.
- The most important preventive maintenance procedure is periodic cleaning.
- A computer technician should include a simple cleaning kit along with other tools.
Safety and the Environment
- Know your fire extinguishers and how to use them.
- Be sure you know how to properly use and dispose of any chemicals required in your workplace.
- Be aware of possible electrical hazards and take appropriate steps to reduce risk of shock.