This section provides instructions for ExamGear Special Edition installation.
ExamGear requires a computer with the following:
As with any Windows application, the more memory, the better your performance.
Installing ExamGear Special Edition
Install ExamGear Special Edition by running the setup program that you found on the ExamGear Special Edition CD. Follow these instructions to install ExamGear on your computer:
- Insert the CD in your CD-ROM drive. The Autorun feature of Windows should launch the software. If you have Autorun disabled, click Start, and choose Run. Go to the root directory of the CD and choose SETUP.EXE. Click Open.
- The Installation Wizard appears onscreen and prompts you with instructions to complete the installation. Select a directory on which to install ExamGear Special Edition.
- The Installation Wizard copies the ExamGear Special Edition files to your hard drive, adds ExamGear Special Edition to your Program menu, adds values to your Registry, and installs test engine's DLLs to the appropriate system folders. To ensure that the process was successful, the Setup program finishes by running ExamGear Special Edition.
- The Installation Wizard logs the installation process and stores this information in a file named INSTALL.LOG. This log file is used by the uninstall process in the event that you choose to remove ExamGear Special Edition from your computer. Because the ExamGear installation adds Registry keys and DLL files to your computer, it is important to uninstall the program appropriately (see the section "Removing ExamGear Special Edition from Your Computer").
Removing ExamGear Special Edition from Your Computer
In the event that you elect to remove the ExamGear Special Edition product from your computer, an uninstall process has been included to ensure that it is removed from your system safely and completely. Follow these instructions to remove ExamGear from your computer:
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- You are presented with a list of software that is installed on your computer. Select ExamGear Special Edition from the list and click the Add/Remove button. The ExamGear Special Edition software is then removed from your computer.
It is important that the INSTALL.LOG file be present in the directory where you have installed ExamGear Special Edition should you ever choose to uninstall the product. Do not delete this file. The INSTALL.LOG file is used by the uninstall process to safely remove the files and Registry settings that were added to your computer by the installation process.
Using ExamGear Special Edition