- Tuttle graphics involve considering a small creature crawling around the surface of the drawing area.
- The Graphics class provides the facilities for drawing upon a Component window or an Image, collectively known as drawables.
- Colors can be defined as 32 bit ARGB values.
- Drawings should always be made in terms of a virtual space and mapped to the physical space when they are rendered onto the drawable.
- The Component update() method first clears the drawable and then calls the paint() method. This will cause a visible image to flicker and the update() method should be overridden to avoid this.
- Image processing can be accomplished by copying an Image to an integer array, processing the contents of the array and then creating a new Image from the array.
Exercises for Chapter 4
4.5 The TuttleTest demonstration class