The following questions will help you determine whether you have learned enough to move on to the next chapter. If you have difficulty answering these questions, please go back and review the material in this chapter before beginning the next chapter. See Appendix A, "Questions and Answers," for the answers to these questions.
- How do you install the Windows 2000 deployment tools, such as the Setup Manager wizard and the System Preparation tool?
- Which five resources must you have to use Remote Installation Services to install Windows 2000 Professional?
- What utility is provided in Windows 2000 to create boot floppies and how do you access it?
- You are planning on installing 45 computers with Windows 2000 Professional. You have determined that these 45 computers have seven different network adapter cards. How do you determine whether these seven different types of network adapter cards are supported by the boot floppies you created?
- You have a portable computer running Windows 95 and you want to upgrade it to Windows 2000. The computer has 16 MB of RAM, and this can be upgraded to 24 MB. Can you upgrade this computer to Windows 2000? If not, how would you make it so this computer was able to access Active Directory directory services?
- Name at least two problems the System Preparation tool resolves when creating and copying a master disk image to other computers.
- Your company has decided to install Windows 2000 Professional on all new computers that are purchased for desktop users. What should you do before you purchase new computers to ensure that Windows 2000 can be installed and run without difficulty?
- You are attempting to install Windows 2000 Professional from a CD-ROM. However, you have discovered that your computer doesn't support booting from the CD-ROM drive. How can you install Windows 2000?
- You are installing Windows 2000 Server on a computer that will be a client in an existing Windows 2000 domain. You want to add the computer to the domain during installation. What information do you need, and which computers must be available on the network before you run the Setup program?
- You are using a CD-ROM to install Windows 2000 Professional on a computer that was previously running another operating system. How should you configure the hard disk to simplify the installation process?
- You are installing Windows 2000 Professional over the network. Before you install to a client computer, what must you do?