To test your understanding of MLD, answer the following questions. See Appendix D to check your answers.
- Why is the IPv6 Router Alert option used in the Hop-by-Hop Options header for MLD messages?
- Which addresses are used as the source address in MLD messages?
- How do you distinguish a general query from a multicast-address-specific query in the Multicast Listener Query message?
- For which multicast addresses are Multicast Listener Report messages never sent?
- In which MLD message is the value of the Maximum Response Delay field significant?
- Describe the use of the Multicast Address field for each MLD message.