At the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe the IPv6 address space and state why the address length of 128 bits was chosen.
- Describe IPv6 address syntax, including zero suppression and compression and prefixes.
- Enumerate and describe the function of the different types of unicast IPv6 addresses.
- Describe the format of multicast IPv6 addresses.
- Describe the function of anycast IPv6 addresses.
- Describe how IPv6 interface identifiers are derived.
- List and compare the different addressing concepts between IPv4 addresses and IPv6 addresses.