About This Chapter
This chapter prepares you to automate a variety of administrative tasks. In this chapter you will learn about defining operators, implementing jobs, and configuring alerts to automate routine tasks and create programmed responses to anticipated events and specified performance conditions. You will also learn to create database maintenance plans. Finally, you will learn to create multiserver jobs.
Before You Begin
To complete this chapter, you must have
- A computer that meets or exceeds the minimum hardware requirements listed in Table 2.1, "Hardware Requirements," in Lesson 1 of Chapter 2.
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server running on your computer on an NTFS partition.
- A computer with a NetBIOS name of SelfPacedCPU, configured as a domain controller in the SelfPacedSQL.MSFT domain .
- Installed a default instance and at least one named instance of SQL Server 2000 (see Chapter 2).
- Created the SSEMDB database using the CreateDB.sql script (see Chapter 6).
- Created the Customer table in the SSEMDB database using the SSEMDB_Full.sql script (see Chapter 9).