The following points summarize the key concepts in this chapter:
Becoming an A+ Technician
- A computer technician must never stop learning.
- Network with others in your field and learn how to get technical support when you need it.
- To be effective, a computer professional requires a hardware toolkit, software toolkit, a technical library, and spare parts.
- Effective troubleshooting requires approaching the problem in an organized and methodical manner. Make a plan and stick to it, and don't forget to document!
- Good recordkeeping is the key to becoming an efficient and effective service provider.
- Recognize the three levels of support—designated on-site user, telephone support, and on-site service—and know how to delegate to the appropriate level.
- Providing outstanding customer service will be the key to your success.