- Using a peer-to-peer network implies that all computers on the network are ____________.
- One drawback to using a peer-to-peer network is ________________ _____________________.
- On a server-based network, resources are ___________________.
- Before beginning to design a new network, you must take an inventory to determine what ________________ and _______________ you already have, as well as what you need to acquire.
- Working with a drawing of the _______________ is the place to start when creating a map of the new network.
Circle the letter of the best answer for each of the following sentences:
- A driver is:
- a peripheral device.
- a NIC.
- In the networking environment, a NIC driver is needed to:
- communicate with other NICs on a network.
- communicate between the NIC and the computer's operating system.
- communicate between the file server and the other computers on the network.
- communicate between different types of computers on a network.
- Select the correct statement about printer drivers.
- There is no universal printer driver that will ensure full functionality of all printers.
- Printers made by a specific printer manufacturer can always use the same printer driver and have full functionality.
- There is a specific printer driver designed for every model of printer that can ensure the full functionality of that model of printer on all operating systems.
- A laser-printer driver from one manufacturer will provide full functionality for all laser printers, regardless of the manufacturer.