The following questions will help you determine whether you have learned enough to move on to the next chapter. If you have difficulty answering these questions, please go back and review the material in this chapter before beginning the next chapter. See Appendix A, "Questions and Answers," for the answers to these questions.
- What are some reasons for creating more than one domain?
- Your company has an external Internet namespace reserved with a DNS registration authority. As you plan the Active Directory implementation for your company, you decide to recommend extending the namespace for the internal network. What benefits does this option provide?
- In what two ways does your site configuration affect Windows 2000?
- What is the shared system volume, what purpose does it serve, where is it located, and what is its name?
- What is the purpose of the operations master roles?
- What administrative tool is used to create OUs?
- What four tasks must be completed to configure a site?
- What two site configuration objects does the Active Directory Installation wizard create automatically?
- Which replication protocol uses RPCs for replication over site links (inter-site) and within a site (intra-site)?
- What three tasks must be completed to configure inter-site replication?
- What is the difference between replication frequency and replication availability?
- What is the function of a bridgehead server?