1. S.D. Conte, H.E. Dunsmore, and V.Y. Shen. Software Engineering Metrics and Models. Benjamin/Cummings, 1986.
2. S.H. Kan. Metrics and Models in Software Quality Engineering. Addison-Wesley, 1995.
3. V.R. Basili and D.M. Weiss. A methodology for collecting valid software engineering data. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 10(6), 1984.
4. V.R. Basili, G. Caldiera, and H.D. Rombach. Goal question metric paradigm. In Encyclopedia of Software Engineering, John J. Marciniak, editor. John Wiley and Sons, 1994.
5. R. Grady and D. Caswell. Software Metrics: Establishing a Company-wide Program. Prentice Hall, 1987.
6. Carnegie Mellon University/Software Engineering Institute. The Capability Maturity Model: Guidelines for Improving the Software Process. Addison-Wesley, 1995.
7. N. Brown. Industrial-strength management strategies. IEEE Software, July 1996.
8. W.A. Florac and A.D. Carleton. Measuring the Software Process: Statistical Process Control for Software Process Improvement. Addison-Wesley, 1999.
9. D.C. Montgomery. Introduction to Statistical Quality Control, third edition. John Wiley and Sons, 1996.
10. D.J. Wheeler and D.S. Chambers. Understanding Statistical Process Control, second edition. SPS Press, 1992.
11. W. Humphrey. Managing the Software Process. Addison-Wesley, 1989.
12. C. Jones. Applied Software Measurement: Assuring Productivity and Quality, second edition. McGraw Hill, 1996.