The following questions will help you determine whether you have learned enough to move on to the next chapter. If you have difficulty answering these questions, please go back and review the material in this chapter before beginning the next chapter. See Appendix A, "Questions and Answers," for the answers to these questions.
- How does the global catalog help users locate Active Directory objects?
- You want to allow the manager of the Sales department to create, modify, and delete only user accounts for sales personnel. How can you accomplish this?
- What happens to the permissions of an object when you move it from one OU to another OU?
- The Delegation Of Control wizard allows you to set administrative control at what level?
- When backing up Active Directory, what type of data must you specify to be backed up? What is included in this data type?
- When you restart the computer in Directory Services Restore Mode, what logon must you use? Why?
- If you experience problems with Active Directory, what item should you investigate first?
- What is the difference between a performance object and a performance counter?
- What is the difference between a counter log and a trace log?
- What actions can be triggered by an alert?
- What does the Active Directory Replication Monitor support tool allow an administrator to do, and how is this tool accessed?
- If you want to find out which files are open in a shared folder and the users who have a current connection to those files, what action should you take?
- What four tasks must be completed to configure a site?
- What two site configuration objects does the Active Directory Installation wizard create automatically?
- Which replication protocol uses RPCs for replication over site links (inter-site) and within a site (intra-site)?
- What three tasks must be completed to configure inter-site replication?