Here are some questions to help you determine whether you have learned enough to move on to the next chapter. If you have difficulty answering these questions, review the material in this chapter before beginning the next chapter. The answers for these questions are located in the Appendix, "Questions and Answers."
- The database administrator who has been designated as the fail-safe operator is leaving the company. What must you do before you delete this person as an operator?
- If a job fails to execute when scheduled, what are some troubleshooting steps you can follow?
- You have defined an alert that backs up the transaction log when it is 90 percent full. However, occasionally the transaction log fills up before the job executes. Why is this occurring and what can be done to solve this problem?
- You are in charge of managing a small database for your company. This is a part-time responsibility. You are also managing your company's domain controllers, Web site, and e-mail server. You want to automate as many tasks as possible. Where should you start?
- You want to create a single job that backs up the system databases nightly on every SQL Server instance within your company. You want to ensure that this happens automatically, with notice to you only if there is a problem. Can this be done?