Focus on Manufacturing and Engineering


We also decided at this point that while our initiative addressed the needs of the entire organization, our team had to focus particularly on providing viable courses and learning opportunities for two specific groups. Early on, the learning and development team defined success as a function of priorities. Because 80 percent of our population consisted of manufacturing and engineering, we consciously decided to direct the bulk of our efforts to these two populations. This didn't mean that the other 20 percent wouldn't get trained ”they certainly did. It meant that whenever there were conflicting needs, engineering and manufacturing always received priority. All of our initial training efforts would be directed at their training needs to guarantee that the efforts our team made were tied to the most critical functions of the organization.




Built to Learn. The Inside Story of How Rockwell Collins Became a True Learning Organization
Built to Learn: The Inside Story of How Rockwell Collins Became a True Learning Organization
ISBN: 0814407722
EAN: 2147483647
Year: 2003
Pages: 124

Similar book on Amazon

flylib.com © 2008-2017.
If you may any questions please contact us: flylib@qtcs.net