Install the Web Service File Transfer Utility
The Web Service File Transfer utility is located on the companion CD-ROM in the Web Service File Transfer folder.
To install the Web Service File Transfer utility
- Install all prerequisite software as described in the "Hardware and Software Requirements" section.
- Make sure that IIS Admin Service and the World Wide Web Publishing Service are started.
- Insert the companion CD into your CD-ROM drive.
- The Autorun screen should appear. Select Install Samples.
- This will place all the samples on your hard drive in a folder called .NET Server Solutions for the Enterprise.
- Navigate to the .NET Server Solutions for the Enterprise folder, and then to the Web Service File Transfer folder.
- Run Setup.exe to install the utility on your hard drive.
- Setup creates a virtual folder in your Web server folder. By default, this is located at:
- Setup also creates a folder in Start, Programs, called Web Server File Transfer and the program Send File Lite.
For demonstration purposes of the WSFT sample application, two computers must be installed and configured with IIS and the WSFT utility. This enables both computers to act as clients and servers to each other. A WSFT client uploading a file to a WSFT server running the WSFT Web service accomplishes file transfer.