Configure DCOM Connector
This section describes the SAP Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) Connector configuration procedures.
To configure DCOM Connector
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to SAP DCOM Connector, and then click SAP DCOM Connector.
- Click Destinations from the upper menu bar.
- Click Edit from the middle menu bar (directly right of the Connect button).
- Click New from menu bar.
- Type a name for a new destination, and then click OK.
- In the Destinations list, select the name you entered in the previous step.
- In the Connection box, click R/3 Connection from the Connection drop-down list.
- Click the dedicated server radio button.
- In the R/3 Hostname box, type the name of your R/3 host server.
- In the System number box, type the system number as supplied by your SAP System Administrator.
- In the Logon box, type a Client number as supplied by your SAP System Administrator.
- In the Logon box, enter an SAP R/3 system language code. For English, type EN.
- In the Security box, type your SAP user name and password. SAP user names and passwords are case-sensitive.
- Click Save from the menu bar, and then click OK.