The following questions will help you determine whether you have learned enough to move on to the next chapter. If you have difficulty answering these questions, please go back and review the material in this chapter before beginning the next chapter. See Appendix A, "Questions and Answers," for the answers to these questions.
- Describe the differences between primary, secondary, and master name servers.
- Describe the difference between a domain and a zone.
- Describe the difference between recursive and iterative queries.
- List the files required for a Windows 2000 DNS implementation.
- Describe the purpose of the boot file.
- How many zones can a single DNS server host?
- What benefits do DNS clients obtain from the dynamic update feature of Windows 2000?
- Name one benefit and one disadvantage of a caching-only server.
- List and describe three DNS performance counters.