The following questions reinforce key information presented in this chapter. If you're unable to answer a question, review the appropriate lesson and then try again. Appendix A, "Questions and Answers," provides answers to the questions.
- List three reasons that might cause you to perform an upgrade prior to or in place of a restructure.
- List the Windows NT domain properties that are preserved during an upgrade.
- Is it possible to upgrade a Windows NT domain that only uses the NetBEUI protocol for communication between servers to a Windows 2000 Active Directory environment?
- List at least three problems that might occur during the upgrade of a Windows NT server.
- Explain the difference between installing a new copy of Windows 2000 on a Windows NT server and upgrading the server to Windows 2000. Give an example of a situation in which a clean install might be preferred.
- Explain how the Lbridge.cmd script works and the problem that it has been designed to resolve.