The following projects had significant Scrum influence:
Large IDX Web-enabled benefits suite
- One year, 330 people across multiple related projects, an E300 project on the Cockburn scale, [SB02]
- A suite of 15 related applications were developed within one year of adopting Scrum, after three years of struggle to deliver one application.
- Prime developer: IDX.
- Four months, 20 people, an E20 project, [SB02]
- After two years of struggle, 160 staff at its height, and no delivery, Scrum was introduced with a reduced team size of 20 developers (10 new hires). In four months, a successful production release was created.
- Prime developer: Caremark and consultants.
Small Individual Personal NewsPage
- One month, eight people, a C20 project [SB02]
- After nine months without delivery, Scrum was adopted, and a usable production release emerged after one 30-day iteration. After five months of releases, most of the original goals were achieved.